[DeTomaso] Stoplight Camera License Plate Diffusers Beware!

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 04:05:15 EDT 2007

I think that the traffic laws are pretty much the same everywhere in the
U.S.  In Hawaii the law is the same, don't enter the intersection unless you
are able to clear it.  For drivers that enter intersections and end up
blocking them due to traffic back up, we have a section called "blocking
intersection" which is a violation in itself.  Our state also prohibits
placing anything over a license plate even if it a clear plastic cover.
Just for the record, I am not in favor of the camera system but, states are
going to do what they're going to do . . . you just got to adjust to it.
As JB said:  "It really isn't even possible to get "caught" by slower
traffic in front of you. You are obligated not to enter an intersection
unless it is clear."  Just be more aware, its in your best interest not to
run the lights and if you get tagged for getting stuck in an intersection,
it was your error in judgment.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis