[DeTomaso] Trailering Tiedown Points

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 12:06:48 EDT 2007

John
  I'm NOT an engineer either but some of my best friends are engineers and I also have to build the sheeeeit they design.....(probably not the best forum to write that either but here's what they said;

  The problem with the heavy webed over-the-tire tie down like U-haul uses is the over extension of tire PSI against the thermodynamics and then in the worst case scenerio you might contact and align trailering throttle thereby diminishing slacker reasons why one can not open road race.
  BWAHAHAHHA
  mAd dAwG

John McKee <johnmckee at cox.net> wrote:
  I'm NOT an engineer but I make fun of my friends that are...... (probably
not the best forum to write that) ;o)
If you tie down the A-arms, are you not introducing a shear value to the
suspension piece in a spot that was not designed to handle such a load?
I recently used the U-Haul double axle car-hauler and their only method for
securing the car is a set of heavy webbed straps that lay over the front
tires and ratchet down tight. The chains at the rear are probably more for
legal issues than real security. I still tied down the rear cross member
but I really like the idea of using those "over the tire" hold downs, maybe
they should have those for all four corners?

John
4488