[DeTomaso] Hello Again!

J. Sean Keane spleen at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 15 00:16:32 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone but Mike Drew remembers me, but I'm back from
living in England for four years.  It's great to be back in the States,
but unfortunately four years in storage has taken its toll on my 1974
L-model.  There's a lot of little problems, and a couple of big ones.
The interior is dusty as hell; easy to fix, but I put in new carpets and
floor mats before I left, and they just don't look new anymore.  Maybe a
steam clean will fix that (is that a bad idea from a rust standpoint?)
The hazard light stays on unless I remove the little red plastic piece
that screws into it.  With that gone, it will stay in the off position
when depressed, but it looks bad.  The driver's seat has a split on the
back part, and both seats look old and tired.  The driver's seat belt
won't click into place.  The short strap with the button mechanism is a
pretty standard Ford part, right?  I'm hoping to pick up another one at
a junk yard.

The good news is that I've got it running pretty well now.  The bad news
is that the paint is shot.  This car didn't have a speck of rust on it
that I could see four years ago.  It definitely has some now, although I
think it's all surface rust.  Guess I need to start saving for a paint
job...

I know that Las Vegas is coming up, but I've got a work conflict that I
can't get out of.  The car won't be even part way back to its full glory
by then anyway.  I'm anxious to get mack into the Pantera fraternity,
though.  If there are any events in the Tucson or Phoenix areas, please
let me know.

Oh, and Mike, I enjoyed the Esprit so much that I brought one back with
me.  It's a right-hand drive Turbo with a dry sump engine.  I look
forward to letting you drive it some day.  The curse is long gone, right?

Regards,

J. Sean Keane