[DeTomaso] Rear View Cameras, Radar and Laser Detectors, and Other Pantera Driving Assistants

Visit ProvaMo.com pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 12:02:23 EDT 2007

I'd suggest the Valentine detector.  My unit was thoroughly tested in the
Mohave against the County Sherriff's  laser.
Too bad Brian Bernard and his GT5-S was not so equipped, nor had his CB
radio on, I think he has some *documentation* from that trip - grin.
Chuck

Guys:

Second, radar-laser detectors.

I've been very intrigued by the Escort S7 laser detector-defence system.
Since approximately 50% of the speed traps are now using laser guns, instead
of radar, a laser defence system sounds like a good idea. They're legal
since all they do is flash a light. And light is not harmful, damaging, or
against any law (yet). These units have receivers located in the front and
rear of the car, and when they sense a laser beam, they flash back with a
bright light. The light pulse is just enough to tweak the laser gun's sensor
so it gives a false reading. These units are built in to the car, and are
pretty low profile. One model is the Escort S7, and there's others. From
what I've seen, the Beltronics and the Escort are the top brands available
now, both in sales and technology.

The only caveat that I can see, with our cars, is that a Pantera isn't a
good laser target in the first place. It's not like a Hummer with 26 square
feet of frontal area that can be easily targeted by any laser gun. So I may
be concerned about something that's an impossibility in the first place.

But, what about laser detectors? Does anyone have a recommendation for radar
detectors? Brands or models?

Thanks to all,

Chris