[DeTomaso] Tie Rod Booties

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 11:51:43 EDT 2007

Mike,

  Is there a good place to order these from?

  Ken

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 3/13/07 11:01:18, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:

<< If someone has the Inner tie rod diameter and Rack housing diameter I
will see if there is a current production Bellows that will work. I work for a
supplier that manufactures steering gears. >>

>>>Large end is 1.70 inches, small end is 0.470 inches, overall length of the
boot is 4.75 inches.

But how about I just give you the TRW part number instead?

TRW number: 36020015.

These are an exact match for the originals. Not a 'pretty close'
approximation, but the exact part.

Bill--another datapoint for the database....:>)

Mike

P.S. I find it fascinating that these boots are date-coded in exactly the
same fashion as the Campy wheels--there is a 12-faceted circle with raised dots
corresponding to month, and the last two digits of year production in the
center. The boots I have is dated March '98 even though they were purchased less
than a year ago, so presumably they made them in batches (BIG batches) and it
takes awhile for inventory to wear down....

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more
about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.