[DeTomaso] Long Week with #4268

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 19:37:30 EDT 2007

Lessons Learned the Hard way include but are not limited to;

  On replacement of the clutch master... make sure the clutch rod is not binding-up due to misalignment of the master through the wall.  Clutch engagement &disengagement should be smooth....corrected the binding-clutch-rod problem by just re-alignment and re-bolting master.

  MD

Art Stephens <artstephens at charter.net> wrote:
  Mike,
It is actually the push rod that comes out of the back of the clutch master and not the slave. The first time it broke was with a different clutch, years ago. I have seen that rod bent while doing one of my numerous clutch master replacements/rebuilds. I drive the car hard and I think you are right. I think what is stopping the movement of my clutch pedal is the piston in the master going to the end of it's bore? So, I'm thinking if I beef up the rod, that will mean the end of that problem? I could probably make a stop for the clutch pedal but I want to make sure I get full disengagement of the clutch.
Thanks,
Art