[DeTomaso] Used Electromotive EFI ECUs

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 16:14:05 EDT 2007

I ran into some folks selling some used TEC3 ECUs.  These were returns when their customers upgraded.  They sell engines for kit planes, and said that a lot of the customers still haven't finished the planes before they switched ECUs, so some of these are virtually new.  They also said they will hold back some to swap it any they sell are DOA.  The price is $703 for 1 used TEC3 ECU, and 1 new 2 coil Direct Fire Unit (DFU).  The DFUs are about $140, and you will need a second DFU for a V8.  They have one or two additional DFUs, so for $780, you can have the TEC3 and 3 new DFUs.

  If these are good TEC3s, it is a very good deal, they retail for about $1800.  I would be concerned about any electrical part with a processor, but I think Electromotive will test an ECU for a small charge.  Call Gwen if you have quetions:

    Gwen Maxwell
  Maxwell Propulsion Systems, Inc.
  19132 59th Dr. NE
  Arlington WA 98223