[DeTomaso] Long Week with #4268

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 16:10:47 EDT 2007

 You wrote:
<< Last Wednesday I broke my clutch lever.  I got it fixed on Friday.
Saturday I break my throttle pedal,  (interesting drive home),  I fix that
yesterday.  On the test drive,  I break the push rod that goes from the back of the
clutch master to the clutch linkage. It used to be about two steps forward and
one back, now it is like three back and none forward!  What's up with that?  I
think this is the second time in ten years I have broken the clutch master push
rod,  I'm thinking I need to beef it up,  any ideas? >>

Stop hanging around with Bob Bensen!

Seriously, I've never heard of anyone breaking the actuation rod (or the
clevis) to the clutch master. That could only (reasonably) happen if the
clevis/pushrod was seriously off-center to begin with. Possibly the tiny snap-rings
that locate the clevis pin had popped out or were left out of your assembly? And
if your car is a '72-L with the over-center device in the clutch linkage,
remember there are about 4 more little pins and snap-rings to contend with under
that dash.
Good (or at least better) luck on your drive to 'Vegas- J DeRyke
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free email to
everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.