[DeTomaso] so what was the CA car bill?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 15:58:45 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/12/07 7:25:21 PM, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

<< In Chicago, "The City That Works," the Honorable Richard J. Daley urged
the voters to "vote early and vote often." >>

When Judy and I lived in the 'greater Chicago area' in the '60s, the city was
an example of a very large city that actually functioned in contrast to the
'greater Los Angeles area' which has moved progressively further out-of-control
since the '50s. The way Chicago worked was, there were two lists of Rules:
one set was written down. The second was not, but everyone with a lick of sense
realized it existed. Thus, one of my close friends and most of his his
neighbors on one short street in the downtown area all voted Repubilcan in one
election. That winter, the snow plows skipped their street for 4 months.... Next
election, some votes changed and the street was plowed regularly; undoubtably a
coincidence. All in all, Chicago was a great place to earn a living but a
horrible place to raise a family plus the weather sucked 30% of the time. Then we
moved to CA. A great place to live and the weather was nice 80% of the time but
the politicians sucked worse than Chicago and the bad-driver population got
worse then S.E Asia.
Sometimes, you gotta choose your poison- I agree with Cal.
FWIW- J DeRyke, w/lower blood pressure in NV
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more
about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.