[DeTomaso] Long Week with #4268

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 12:10:27 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/13/07 8 55 19, artstephens at charter.net writes:

> On the test drive,  I break the push rod that goes from the back of the
> clutch master to the clutch linkage.  It used to be about two steps forward and
> one back,  now it is like three back and none forward!  What's up with that?
> I think this is the second time in ten years I have broken the clutch master
> push rod,  I'm thinking I need to beef it up,  any ideas?
>

>>>I am presuming that you are breaking the rod from the back of the clutch
SLAVE, no?

Something is definitely wrong here.   Within a few days, you break the clutch
arm, and now with a new arm, you break the rod that pushes on the arm?

Sounds to me like your clutch is misadjusted somehow?   You are actuating the
clutch until it reaches its mechanical limit, but you still have more pedal
available, so you push further, which generates the immovable
object/irresistable force scenario that results in parts breakage?

That's the only think I can think of.   I have never heard of a clutch slave
pushrod OR the clutch linkage arm ever breaking before....