[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12- VALVE LASH, TIRES

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 18:23:34 EDT 2007

My engine builder had me tighten up the valve lash on
my solid lifter motor after it was broken in.  He stated
+ or - .004 was ok... I do adjust every time before I
go to run the car hard

Silver State tires Garth and whoever is going to run
Get your tires now!!!  The tech guys gave me a bad
time last year for having a brand new set of tires with
no miles on them.... I did pass but barely... the old
set were slashed when the two fast boys went off
the track at the Vegas race an left presents on the
track for the rest of us to run thru.

CNC engines... I just ordered some parts from Bulter
racing and the head guy told me they make every part
for the Ponitac engine including an all Aluminum block
way cool stuff... love those CNC machines

Dry sump pumps and belts.... We lost two brand new
high dollar motors at the Norcal Shelby event last year
one was the pump the other was the belt... most have
a safety switch for a failure to shut things down quick

The 331 mustang motor is supposed to be finally Dynoed
on wednesday

Bob Benson
http://www.aol.com.