[DeTomaso] Fwd: RE: Oppose A.B. 616

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 14:02:59 EDT 2007

The response I received from assemblymember Jones concerning A.B. 616 (below). Clearly an attempt to deflect attention away from what this bill really is. I loathe politicians. Time for political reform.

  I propose the following changes to our political process as a start...

  - Lifetime term limit of 2 terms for any and all politicians, regardless office or position served.
  - Eligible candidates for office are those U.S. citizens who DO NOT hold a J.D. degree and/or have never practiced law in any state or jurisdiction (execption would be judges).
  - Compensation for service should be equal to the median income in the state in which they serve.
  - Politicians shall participate in Social Security and be ineligible for any other form of state, federal, or taxpayer funded retirement benefits.
  - Politicians shall not be permitted to create special retirement or compensation programs or income adjustments that are self servient and also available and for the benefit of every citizen.

  And, there should be some sort of punitive damages required of politicians who create frivolous bills that tie up taxpayer resources. I will retain sole discretion to determine if a bill is "frivolous" or not, in perpetuity (ok, it doesn't have to be me).

  Ok, enough ranting.