[DeTomaso] Solid Lifter HIGH Lift Roller Cam Adjustment (Was EngineOil Analysis / Willow Springs Update)

Donny Williams donnylee at ccwebster.net
Sat Mar 10 11:59:38 EST 2007

Dan-  You probably have zero-ed in on your ill.... They should not be loose
as heck!  They should have .020-.024 clearance max open.   We talking a
roller or flat tappet here? Curious.

All solid lifter cams are set with a feeler gauge.  You will have to roll
the engine to get the valve on the base circle  Fully Open on the cam.  If
you fail to do this your lash setting adjustment will end up being looser
then an X rated film.  Always go back and verify your settings/adjustment a
second time is my sound advise unless you are a pro at it!