[DeTomaso] removing pedal assembly

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 13:53:51 EST 2007

Mike and everyone else that has replied. Thank you for the advice. I will remove the pedals.

  thanks again,

  John

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

  In a message dated 3/8/07 10:18:17, johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com writes:    << I'm having difficulty removing my pedal assembly. I'm sure there is something simple that I'm not doing. The brake booster has already been removed.  >>>You're right.    You can't remove the pedal assembly with all the pedals still attached,   unless you are willing to hack a bloody great hole in the sheetmetal.    You have to remove the clutch pedal from the shaft.  It slides over the shaft   and is secured with a bolt.  It's probably a good idea to remove the gas   pedal too.  Once the pedals are off, then you have enough room to maneuver the   mounting bracket out.  You may need to slide the clutch pedal shaft sideways,   which would require disconnecting it from the pushrod on the master cylinder....    Mike

 AOL now offers free email to   everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.