[DeTomaso] tire opinion

Paul A. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Tue Mar 6 23:14:40 EST 2007

I have had the Proxes S/T on my Expedition for the past 3 years. I am going
to have to replace them come summer after only about 25k on them. I say
about as I have a set of winter tires and wheels that I use from Dec to
April. As they have worn they have become very loud but have maintained very
good handling characteristics,especially for a 2 ton vehicle. I think the
side walls to be way too stiff for a performance car, even a 30 plus old
one... I believe the tire manufactures put a lot of research in to making
tires for particular applications and  I think truck tires should stay on
trucks and conversely passenger or performance car tires should stay on
passenger or performance cars. As Jack always says your mileage may vary.

Paul