[DeTomaso] Busted motor mount bolt help needed

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Mar 6 01:57:58 EST 2007

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just got a call from Terry Eriksen, a project Pantera owner currently
> living in Stockton, CA (and not a member of this forum).  His e-mail address is
> DAlliance69 at aol.com, so please hit 'reply all' with answers to his queries, as
> otherwise he won't see them.
>
> While performing a 'creeper tour' of the underside of his car, he discovered
> that one of the two bolts securing the upper motor mount to the engine block
> on one side of the car has sheared off inside the block.  It would be nice if a
> stub were sticking out that he could grab onto, but no such luck.
>
> So, his question is, how does he deal with it?  By what means can he
> successfully extract the offending bolt without actually having to remove the motor
> from the car?

Tomas Gunnarsson helped me get the stuck drain plugs out after I've
twisted the heads off. We stuck a nut of the proper size against the
block, so that you would see the end of the plug/bolt through the hole,
and then Tomas used the MIG welder to weld the nut to the plug/bolt. By
filling the nut to the brim it was heated enough to ease the extraction.

Worked like a charm!

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21