[DeTomaso] Busted motor mount bolt help needed

MACHWIL at aol.com MACHWIL at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 21:27:49 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 5:02:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

DAlliance69 at aol.com

Mike ,et al.
A left handed twist drill I would try, of the of the correct size  for an
easy-out for  the bolt. Careful location of center is  paramount. Many times we
don't know if the bolt is seized, if not it may well  come loose with the
drilling procedure,.especially when the drill breaks through  the other end. If not
, you have a nice hole to use an easy-out to try on  the offending bolts.
EDM  WILL require a bare block, offending bolts up,  submerged  in
appropriate liquid.. Not a good choice except as a last  resort.
Done all kinds of procedures and this one constantly surprises me. (Not
ALWAYS)  From here on it's not nice.

Bud W.

http://www.aol.com.