[DeTomaso] Road trip to Vegas

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Mon Mar 5 13:09:42 EST 2007

Well Joe, I've always been crazy so I'm not offended in the least. I've made
that trip 3 times since 2003 and since 2003 we've never taken a direct
route.

This year we are leaving earlier than usual and sightseeing much more before
we arrive in Vegas. Ron and Beth say they will make it this year. I hope so
but what endurance they will need. This time we are thinking of going out to
the south and return to the north. That way it should be warmer for them in
their topless Cobra. Kathy and I haven't been to the Pacific coast since
2003 and the wander lust is getting to us. This year's route could take us
out of Frederick, MD to La Grange, KY to meet Ron & Beth. The first stop
would be in St Louis to see the Arch. Then we start SE on 44 to Oklahoma
City where we pick up 40W to Amarillo and Albuquerque and stop in Winslow,
AZ where we'll be "Standin on the Corner". The next day we can tour the
south rim of the Grand Canyon and off to Kingman. Now it gets different. We
want to go SE to Needles and Joshua Tree NP and other goodies. We want to do
more RT 66 stuff. I have purchased a set of 8 Historic RT 66 maps. Maybe
we'll find Radiator Springs! And see Mater. Then we go into LA, onto Highway
1 and up to San Francisco. Friends to see in Visalia, CA. Sister to see in
Ridgecrest, CA. Drive through Death Valley and arrive in Vegas Wednesday
evening. That would be 4000 miles. But everything is flexible.

Dave & Kathy Tucker
Frederick, MD
I'd better put the car back together