[DeTomaso] TIG Welder Info

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sun Mar 4 12:33:12 EST 2007

My brother and I bought one together a few years ago:

http://www.rc-tech.net/per2/shop/Weld/tig.jpg

I have since used it quite a bit. Are you looking for a first welder? Do
you already have a MIG and want to add on? In general a MIG is going to
be far more useful around the shop. A TIG is going to allow you to do
some things you can't do with a MIG. I love my TIG but still use my MIG
for a lot more stuff in general.

With the TIG though, I have been able to weld nice exhaust. I have done
much work in aluminum. I was even able to weld a piece of plate aluminum
1" thick 12" wide. It was a base for an electric motor in an industrial
roll forming machine. It is still in operation.

Here are some of the aluminum tanks I made with the 175:

Overflow:
http://www.rc-tech.net/MGB/homestretch/of.jpg

Clutch Res:
http://www.rc-tech.net/MGB/homestretch/ctank.jpg