[DeTomaso] ULTIMATE windshield wiper mechanism source

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 03:06:58 EST 2007

Stephen,

A thought crossed my mind which I just had to go out and check. The plastic
gear is a press fit on the shaft with locator tabs to hold it in the correct
location on the metal plate for the park locator. I just separated the two
halves (plastic and metal) with a screwdriver. The location of the shaft
dowel on the metal plate is what provides the degrees of sweep, which would
mean that basically any gear should do the job. The only catch is if the
plastic gears have different park locations (a plastic ramp on the gear to
kick the park switch). I'm tempted to buy a cheap gear from ebay just to
find out!

Julian