[DeTomaso] Veteran & Rookie Racers - Check out the new Nitto NT01Race Tires

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 11:13:57 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/1/07 5 58 49, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:

> Who owns the silver blue and black flared car I seen at the Italiano
> several
> time?  Running Goodyears I think.
>

>>>That was Nick Stenn's old car (he was a POCA legend in the 80s down in
SoCal), now owned by a fellow in Gilroy, whose name slips my mind--I don't think
he's a member of the club.  His is one of the first Panteras ever converted to
the Gr4 look, and it was done the 'easy' way, by buying authentic parts
directly from the factory.  His car uses Goodyear Blue Streak Sports Car Specials,
which are non-DOT bias ply (not radial) racing tires.

> GT5 flares are shaped different so I
> don't think they would apply.  Any thoughts appreciated.
>

>>>Well, the tire sizes are the same regardless.

I think you just need to bite the bullet and order something.  Tell the
distributor you have 10/13 inch wide wheels and want tires of X height.

Patrick Hals--what size tires do you run on your Gr4 cars?