[DeTomaso] WeatherPack Connectors

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jun 30 22:57:43 EDT 2007

I would say it all depends on if the grease is conductive.  I've got a
relay block pulled from donor mini-van (or something) at the local
pull-it-yourself lot, that I use in my Jeep to drive the fuel pump.  All
the connections on the back side of the relay block have a similar light
colored grease.  i suppose it is there to prevent corrosion of the
connectors.

In the case of a weather-pack, I agree, I thought they should be dry.
But it could very well be some of the same kind of moisture preventative
grease.  I dunno.

fwiw. . . you can buy brand new weather-pack connectors at Napa, crimp
and install yourself.  I put a ton of them in the Jeep when I swapped
engines, installed the Holley Pro-Jection and Crane ignition.  Made it
all look stock.  The guy at emissions didn't even blink when he opened
the hood.  A 1967 engine in a 1982 Jeep, ahhhh, life is good.

BTW.  I found my Holley Pro-Jection troubleshooting guide.  Used it
today, determined it -is- the ECU, ordered a new one from Summit today.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA