[DeTomaso] Adventures in steering column repair

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jun 30 22:52:22 EDT 2007

I got my parts ordered from Pantera Performance Center.  I must have
been slackin' because he was out of one of the parts, so i have to wait
a week or so till they come on before he can fulfill my order, drat.
Well anyway, I took the column apart today.  Oh boy were you guys
right.  Take a look at what is left of the dark, brittle, charred lower
bushing from my steering column:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/gallery2/v/asajay/steer/

And while you are there, take a gander at the wiring genius that was my
ignition switch connection.  Now mind you, I would have liked to use
something better than what I found, but I'll have to do a lot more
research first.  Until then, what I found and used will do fine.

It's really weird sitting in a Pantera with no steering column, at all.  :|

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA