[DeTomaso] Center console clean out

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Sat Jun 30 21:07:00 EDT 2007

Upon removing my shifter and linkage I glanced down the center console tunnel to see quite a mess.  It appears that some mice had made a nice home out of the ribbon from a cassette tape, leaves and scraps of paper.  Whether it was caused by mouse pee or a leaky heater hose I don't want to know but something created a lot surface rust along with fine debris that is difficult to get out.
Has anybody come up with a cleaver way to clean out this area and some way to treat it?
When I get all of the mouse crumbs out of there do I some how shoot POR-15 down the hole?

Thanks for your thoughts.

John
4488