[DeTomaso] Z-28 falls apart at ORR...Was; ... Do Not Open Windows In Excess Of 160 MPH

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 12:43:16 EDT 2007

Maybe just choke some man back into you slacker! ;-]>

  Here's a story that actually happened at an ORR.
  A few years back while we were at a real 160+ mph a good friend of mine  was gridded right in front of me in his cherry outstanding big blocked '69 Camaro Z28 with about 600HP.

  I caught up to him after about 25 minutes on course and just to fok with him flashed my lights and honked my horn a couple times before I passed his sorry ass.

  Then as I passed him we gave each other the appropriate ORR-BROTHER-FINGER and then I slowed down because somepeople actually go to these ORR's to nail their goal speed and I was thinking maybe he might be one of them.... so he passed me....again we paid respects as he flew by both of us grinning like we had just ate the canary....

  Except when he passed me and got about 50 feet in front of me a piece of his Chevy's window molding flew off and bounced back off the Pantera.  Now thats old school racing.....No Corvette could do that because no OLD corvettes race...At the finsih line after we got done laughing about what had happened he gave me a lecture about 'unsafe passing on course' and warned me that next time it could be his engire rear bumber that came off.

  I might forget my fire (s) or engine (s) that grenaded in  ORR but I will NEVER forget that ONE piece of Z-28 chrome window molding bouncing back off my windshield at speed

  Mad Dawg Antentucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "If it was easy you'd do it"
  www.teampanteraracing.com

  Dave McManus <dave at damardirect.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                MD
  Get a new choker! They look good at ORR events. Your Corvette buddies will stutter. Tell them above 160,  open the side windows and the rear window blows out and it would hit their cars since they are behind you!
  Indy
  Dave