[DeTomaso] Seat Recommendations Needed

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Thu Jun 28 16:19:10 EDT 2007

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] På
vegne av MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sendt: 28. juni 2007 18:22
Til: msm at portata.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] Seat Recommendations Needed

In a message dated 6/28/07 9 12 33, msm at portata.com writes:

> Umpalumpas --
>
> The C4 seats are not going to work for Chris.  They are higher than
> the stock seats.  With foam removed, they would only be back down to
> about where the stock seats are.  To get comfortable, he is going to
> need to take additional steps.
>
> http://www.portata.com/panteraadventure/tall_man_conversions.htm
>

>>>Agreed.   Although Chris claims that he fit into his stock '73 just fine,

that was quite a few years ago, and having spent quite a bit of time working
on Panteras with him recently, I think it's fair to say that he would be
well-served by seats that are more comfortable than the stockers, and
plus-sized for a man of his Sasquatchian dimensions.

Sadly, there seem to be few reasonable alternatives out there, and almost
anything will probably require modification.

There's an Italian manufacturer of very thin bucket seats that has a display
every year in Monterey; I think Larry Stock is talking about being a
distributor for them.   They have some very thin, fixed bucket seats, rather
like early
Mangusta seats, that would probably do the job just fine.   I can't remember

what the brand name is, but it's clearly Italian, like Torino or something
like that.   Can anybody else remember?

BTW, Chris' existing seats are just about the most beautiful reupholstered
stock seats I've ever seen.   They were done in the style of Ferrari
Daytona/Dino seats, in black with contrasting red stitching, with holes in
the red
leather.   Anybody who is more Italianate in stature, and has a red Pantera,
would
be well-served by these puppies I suspect.   Chris, why don't you post some
photos?

Mike

http://www.gts-classics.com/seats.html   BF torino seats,looking good :)

Cheers