[DeTomaso] Cleveland/Windsor Differences? Was Life Expectancy

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 14:38:33 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/27/07 4:48:43 PM, artstephens at charter.net writes:

<< I am kind of fuzzy about what would need to be changed to go from a
Cleveland to a Windsor or Clevor in a Pantera,  can you guys enlighten me?
...........Am I forgetting anything? >>

The main mount for the AC and alternator won't fit the Windsor block without
rework. And I don't know where you go to get a fully baffled 10-qt oil pan for
a Windsor, but you'll need it. Here's an old post on the subject from Space
City-

"I am in process and almost done doing a 351w efi swap. There are
difficulties. I will try to list them all.

 1. Headers and rear section.
 2. Water pump on 351w usually exit on the opposite side. You will need the
right-exit 351w water pump.  Easy to get.
 3. Thermostat housings is on the manifold and not in the block.  You will
need a 90 deg housing from PI.
 4. You will then have to fab water pipes-the pipes that go from the motor to
over flow bottles.
 5. You will also have to move the water bottles.
 6. Small dist cap.
 7. Alt/ac bracket.  PI has them.
 ZF bolts right up.

 I suggest you talk with Jerry at PI he does lots on these.

 You could also talk with Kevin Govett.  He is on the list every few days.
Kevin is here in Dallas and is a Pantera owner."

 THere may be more  on Mike Daily's website. Good luck- J DeRyke
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>