[DeTomaso] Clevor

dferrato at aol.com dferrato at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 10:18:52 EDT 2007

In my case I wanted to use my existing (previously ceramic coated)
exhaust and some of the other parts that came with the car. To fit
all this and to try to stay under the stock engine screen, I stayed
at the 9.2 deck height with the Dart aluminum block. The "clevor"
combination offers other advantages and I am by no means an expert on
all the necessary parts. There is great stuff on the engine topic in
the forum, (http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/565004556)
with George Pence, Dan Jones, and Jack De Ryke providing expert
advice. These guys were vital to me in figuring out the combination I
wanted. Also Mark McKeown motorsports are renowned clevor builders
and make huge power with some of their combinations. (http://
www.mmeracing.com/mmeracing) Some other clevor info:  http://
www.darkhorseracing.net/track_boss_me_2005.htm

If you don't care about the Cleveland side of things, I agree that
the Windsor deal might be a lot simpler and cheaper. If I were
building a Windsor I would use the new Bill Mitchell (Roush
engineered) 9.5 aluminum block and the new Ford heads he has developed.

Wow, had not seen Bill since PRI and did not know about it, but just
saw this on his site:  http://www.theengineshop.com/prods_pages/
ManOWar460ClevelandLimitedEditionCompleteCrateEngine.htm