[DeTomaso] 408 Stroker Life Expectancy

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 01:09:36 EDT 2007

Crazy Dave,

  Love you man....and I don't have any doubt at all that you could build and run an 1,100 or more HP turbo motor that you would race.....

  And Dave, correct me if I have any part of this story wrong but for those on the list who may not recall the wager I had with you a few years back that I would wear a AFRO WIG to Silver State if you could  (wink-wink) as you claimed R&R your engine, rebuild it, then disassemble your entire Pantera, repaint it, reassemble your Pantera and then drive it out to Nevada from rural Illinois, run the Silver State, finish and drive the Pantera home again all in a 4-5 month period....YOU not only did all the above you did it ALL by yourself as I recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  So yea it is a bet I gladly lost.....you also won  the TPR Ellis Woumnm "Iron Man Award" for the year you came out. Still a very impressive feat...So what do i have to do to get you to come out again in Sept besides give you $$$$? ;-]>

  MD

Dave Doddek <pantera at pobox.com> wrote:
  If anyone would like to donate me the parts to build an all aluminum 1100hp
engine, I will DRIVE it from Illinois to the TPOC dyno day and run it to
prove the 1100hp. Just ask MD, I will do it. And MD can wear a wig again!!!

Dave "call me crazy" D

At 02:56 PM 6/26/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Art,
>
> I love you man but I also know you and if you spend the money needed for
one of these 'yet-to-be-produced aluminum blocks I can guarantee you that
knowing you that you will freak out at the final completed cost and then
you will NEVER RACE and what fun will that be?

> I'd like to see these NEW iron and aluminum Cleveland blocks built too
but just remember they still need to be machined before they can be built!!!

> You will end up with an expensive show pantera with an engine that is 3
times what you thought it was going to be and then YOU will get paranoid
about breaking it because you-have-so-much-money-invested and then you or
95% of this List will then be afraid to ever drive it HARD.

> I can think of a several Pantera owners with aluminum blocks (flame suit
on!) and huge dollars invested and NONE (maybe one) of the owners even
races.....one of them with a twin turbo charged Pantera showed up at a TPOC
dyno day a couple years ago and when I told him I was looking forward to
him running his Pantera on the chassis dyno said,

> "ohhh, I am not running my Pantera on the dyno...I have too much money
invested to break it"......a week earlier he was telling everyone that
would listen about his 1,100 HP Pantera.
> I'm sorry I don't get it... Wotz the point of having all that juice and
not doing anything with it?
> I then looked at his Pantera and then looked at his trophy wife and I
thought.........okay never mind.