[DeTomaso] 408 Stroker Life Expectancy

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Tue Jun 26 17:26:40 EDT 2007

Ken,
     It would be nice to run it up to 6000 or 6500 from time to time,  but
of course that would only be in first or second gear.  The higher gears at
that rpm would be exceeding the speed limit and far be it from me to do such
a thing.  Now the Silver State could be a different story.  6000 rpm in my
car should be 180 mph,  6500 should be 195 mph.  Some day at the SS,  I'd
like to find out what she'll do.  I'm really thinking that I would like to
run the 130 mph class and try to get away without running an oil cooler.  My
percentage of SS type miles will be small as opposed to someone like the
Dawg.

Art, (ready to get back in the saddle), Stephens