[DeTomaso] 408 Stroker Life Expectancy

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 16:38:12 EDT 2007

Durango Dave,
  Poetic sound advise  as usual. . .

  Come in Firefighter/Engineer Art, over.....This is Fire TPR Chief to Engineer Art come in over;

  Did you mean 50,000 klicks instead of 50,000 miles?

  I hope you ain't driving that hook and ladder the way you abused that Cleveland last month! ;-]>

  md
adin at frontier.net wrote:
  Somewhere in my travels recently I was looking at a stroker motor that
someone was very proud of . . . and noticed the wrist pins 1/2 out of
the bore at the bottom of the stroke !!! (easy boys) Reread what
Jack had to say about piston rock.

In Art's case, and mine, it seems a litte less severe setup would be
prudent. Unless you can call the guys in the motor shop and get a
spare motor for practice tomorrow! ("Yeah, this is THE cat in the hat
- got a good qualifying lump ready?")

It seems that the Clevelands don't lend themselves to stroke as much
as Windsors. Must be short skirts or something. Never thought "short
skirts" and "a time and a place for everything" would ever be in the
same paragraph.

Seems like 377 Cleveland stuck in my tiny little mind somehow.

Some dirty thoughts from Durango

Quoting Donny Williams :

> Yea I think the Windsor is a better candidate for this kind of cubes. Lots
> more parts available, lots of strokes,and they are reliable.

See what's free at