[DeTomaso] 408 Stroker Life Expectancy

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 15:37:58 EDT 2007

Home Boy,

  Possible? Yes. Probability near zero if you spank it hard....Or do you mean 50,000 miles backing in and out of the garage to drive the Pantera to car shows and highway cruises to Vegas because if thats the case the engine should out last you old man! BWAHAHAHA

  It all depends how HARD you plan to drive it and how HARD are you going to race it in track and ORR events like you originally planned 10 years ago. Because when you push the envelope it will break...sometimes even when you don't push the envelope it will break! ;-]>

  Seriously, Jason "the Kid" Eaton has a 408ci stroked Cleveland and has done well. He was so impressive at his last two ORR's he now also has a sponsor for Sept!!!  The Kid hasn't run fast "yet" at an ORR but he does have a plan to run a 140 Mph Average in Sept. which I am 100% confident he can and will do.

  Last I heard he and Nick were planning to R&R his 408 just to check bearings and ring wear, and add an oil cooler before September rolls around and continue to run 2-3 ORR's and 2-3 track events AND car shows every year.

  Mileage may vary!

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "If it was easy you'd do it"
  www.TeamPanteraRacing.com

Art Stephens <artstephens at charter.net> wrote:
  OK guys, I'm looking at doing a 408 stroker Cleveland this time around. I drive a lot. Any idea how many miles this thing should last? I would like to see 50,000 miles out of it. Does that sound possible?

Thanks,

Art