[DeTomaso] Parking brake adjustment

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:47:19 EDT 2007

Nope, no cruise control. But now I think I know why.

I was looking at it with Stephane Bergeron in Le Mans, who might be
interested in something similar. My big doubt at the moment is if my vacuum
source, the hose from the PCV valve to the intake, provides sufficient
vacuum to actuate the cruise. Stephane was of the opinion that "no way". My
throttle has 2 return springs, so it needs a certain amount of force to pull
the linkage. So I'm thinking that my problem is insufficient vacuum.

I need to look at the other side of the carb and see if I have a port there
that I can open. On the rear of the carb/intake I only have a line going to
the brake line, which the instructions warn against using. And I'd rather
find a vacuum source not related to my brakes, just in case.

That's why I'm getting good at taking the wheels off - I've been dinking
around with the cruise control a bunch trying to get it to work! The trip
was 2,750 kilometers and it would have been nice to have. Well, except for
when it was raining, which was a lot...

I haven't given up on it and have something else to try.