[DeTomaso] FW: More Calif Smog Checks

Dan Mixon dmixon1 at houston.rr.com
Sat Jun 23 23:40:05 EDT 2007

Then your states are different than Texas. I'm looking at a Texas title that
has the lien paid off. When I borrowed the money from the finance company I
used the vehicle as collateral. The finance company held the title until I
paid the off loan. The title has always been in my name. There is a space on
the title to record a lien. There is also a space to release the lien.
California was the same way when I lived there.

Property is the same way. I've owned property in California, Texas and
Florida. I owned the property. I borrowed money to buy the property. I used
the property as collateral. The finance company files a lien with the county
against the property. When the property lien is paid off, the finance
company notifies the county and sends me a lien release.