[DeTomaso] Custom Fit Pantera Dash Mat

Jim & Emilia jes at riverdeltawireless.com
Fri Jun 22 00:13:42 EDT 2007

When we were at the Reno/Tahoe Rally, I asked PCNC president Gary Kono where
he got his dash mat, that was embroidered with "Pantera" on it.  He said he
got it from Kragen Auto Supply a number of years ago, and wasn't sure they
still had it.  BTW; it was a special order item, not "off the shelf".

While running errands a couple of weeks ago, we saw a Kragen's and said what
the heck, lets give it a try.  Low and behold, the counter person said "sure
we can get one made, do you really have a Pantera?"!  I ordered one for our
1974 "flat dash" (no pods) and added the optional embroidering.  I just
picked it up today, and it fit perfectly, including the 3 holes for the
round defroster vents!  Total cost was $46.99 plus tax.  After looking at
the box, I was able to get the manufacturer.  Here is the link;
http://www.coverkingcarcovers.com/  You can order online and if you put in
1971 it comes up with a different part number than the 1974.  I ordered the
black poly carpet, because the parts counter guy said it would last longer.
Looks like the online price is $36.99, even better!

Happy motoring,

Jim

Jim & Emilia Seiferling
Co-Presidents, Capitol Panteras
#1575 [JHSTBAD]
#7114 [JIMS CAT]

Life goal: To be the person my dog thinks I am.

"You're never too old to do goofy stuff."
                ~Ward Cleaver
http://www.capitolpanteras.org