[DeTomaso] Need an Oilite non-magnetic pilot busing

Douglas Kelm dakelm at qwest.net
Thu Jun 21 21:17:16 EDT 2007

Fred,

I can certainly appreciate your point of view. Maybe there are just
different grades (quality) of needle bearings. All I know is that my oillte
bearing (which may or may not have been original to the car) from a 45,000
mile car had worn to the point that it was obviously NOT supporting the
input shaft adequately. This places undue stress on the input shaft bearing
in the ZF case. So I went with Dennis Quella's recommendation of his needle
bearing since I readily admit he knows more about this than I. I don't think
he would be selling needle bearings and putting his reputation on the line
if he thought the oillite bushings were superior or that needle bearing
couldn't go the distance (between clutch changes).

Doug Kelm