[DeTomaso] Dura-spark key-on coil burn-up fix

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Jun 21 00:28:11 EDT 2007

Well since nobody else replied, I will. :)

I've been running a Duraspark II system in the Mach I for nearly 20
years, with a stock coil.  No problems really.  So my first question is,
was this due to the coil being an MSD?  If so, why?   Seems to me I've
left the key on for longer than five minutes before with no ill
affects.  I know leaving the key on can overheat the coil, yes, but what
was so sensitive in the MSD that cooked it?

And yes, I'd be interested in your fix. ;)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA