[DeTomaso] Need an Oilite non-magnetic pilot busing

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 19:25:15 EDT 2007

      I called McLeod and they make one, PN 8-1380-2 retails for $39.  It's 1.380 OD, and 0.672 ID.  I got this off the phone, not their catalog, so I'd double check before ordering.  They said that they thought you could buy one for $20 to $30 street price.

  Ken

Garth Rodericks <garth_rodericks at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Ok, it's not Pantera specific. I just said it's for the Pantera because that's what we're talking
about, Panteras. But, it could be used for any Ford 351C. In my experience, most of the
pilot bushings out there are junk. They're cheap Chinese bushings that are not made of the
correct oilite bronze, and the tolerances to which they are machined leave much to be
desired. I've actually purchased pilot bushings for different vehicles and cut them down on a
lathe to my specs - don't ask me for the specs as this was many years ago and I don't remember.

As Larry likes to say, YMMV!
Garth

Ken Green wrote:
I don't understand why there would be a "Pantera" pilot bushing. I suppose that different flywheel manufacturers might maintain different tollerances, and it might be better to get the bushing from who ever made the flywheel.

Ken

Garth Rodericks wrote:
<<< Which one of our vendors carries the non-magnetic Oilite bronze pilot bushings? >>>

I don't know about the vendors, but fellow Pantera owner and machinist Marlin Jack (pantera1974 at verizon.net)
makes a high quality oilite bronze pilot bushing for the Pantera. Contact him directly for price.

Cheers!
Garth

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.