[DeTomaso] Need an Oilite non-magnetic pilot busing

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jun 20 18:45:54 EDT 2007

Except that it doesn't go in the flywheel, it goes in the end of the
crank so maybe you should contact that vendor, which would be Ford.
Or, maybe looking at it the other way, the input shaft of the
transmission needs to fit it, so perhaps we should contact the vendor
of the ZF, which would be ZF, errrr. . . Lloyd Butfoy.  Sorry, that's
a bit of sarcasm leaking out. :)

Actually, though the idea seems sound, it's really about the
-combination- of components that makes the pilot bearing/bushing
dimensions critical.  It needs to fit a Ford crankshaft in outer
diameter, and a ZF input shaft in inner diameter.  That would be
versus oh say a Ford 4-spd, which might have a different diameter
input shaft.

So the best bet is to contact a Pantera Vendor, or RBT Trans in order
to make sure you get the correct part.

And that's why there would be a "Pantera" pilot bushing.  :)

Asa Jay