[DeTomaso] Backspacing Q

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 16:07:14 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/15/07 15 20 14, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I'm trying to troubleshoot my steering wheel in/out play.  I took some
> photos here:
>
> http://www.teampanteraracing.com/gallery2/v/asajay/steer/
>
> Is the space shown between the two photos, supposed have some kind of
> a bushing?  What else can anyone tell me about this amount of
> push/pull slop?
>
>>>I can tell you (and everyone) more than you ever wanted to know about this
problem.   In fact, I have already done so, in the most recent PCNC
newsletter; the article will hopefully propogate to the POCA newsletter someday.   In
the meantime, a complete analysis and repair procedure can be found by going
to:

http://www.panteraclubnorcal.com/articles.htm

then downloading the June newsletter (in PDF format).

> >Also, while I was under the dash, I noticed what looked to be a
> throttle stop on the gas pedal.  There are two adjusters, one for off
> throttle and one for on throttle.  Take a look and provide feedback
> please.
>
>>>Uh...you are correct.   It's a factory part, listed in the parts book, and
does just what it is supposed to.   The idea is to prevent overenthusiastic
drivers from tearing the throttle cable off the carburetor.   Unfortunately,
the stop instead breaks the throttle pedal!