[DeTomaso] Steering column problem

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jun 16 01:00:13 EDT 2007

Okay,  - THAT-  newsletter.

Ah, I feel so much better now, except that I should have inspected the
column -before- washing the car.  Then I would have caught Dennis at
work.  Oh well, now I know exactly what I need and can just fax him an
order.  Very cool.  :)

Thanks to Mike Drew for a wonderful article, well done, and it covered
all the bases.  Amazing how a motorcycle guy has learned so much about a
Pantera.

Thanks to Mark McWhinney, who pointed me to the PCNC newsletter.  (yes I
do get the notifications, I just don't read them -all- anymore)  :)  So
now I have a permanent copy locally.

Well, its off to make a Fax for Dennis at Pantera Performance Center.

Asa Jay

PS.  For the gory details . . .
Roger Sharp kindly performed the seam weld on the lower bracket for me
the first year Shelley and I drove to Las Vegas.  The spot weld had
broken and we were experiencing a lot of steering wheel play.  Roger
welded it -in- the car, with a wire feed welder and Roger stuffed under
the dash just far enough to see what he was doing.  I think I know why I
lost that lower bushing now.  Whooda thunkit?

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1973 Pantera L 5533