[DeTomaso] Any rocket scientists out there

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Thu Jun 14 11:59:01 EDT 2007

As the ORR folks will point out, its not that simple.  As a rule of thumb,
you loose about three Fahrenheit degree for every 1,000 feet that you climb.
At 6,000 feet the ambient temperature would be about 18 degrees cooler.

Also with the lower density air, the engine would be producing less HP.  I
assume that this means that you would be putting less heat into the coolant.
(or maybe you would have to put your foot into it for more HP to maintain
speed which would put more heat into the coolant.) I dunno.  When the Dawg
wakes up from his nap, he can give us the poop on it.