[DeTomaso] CHI HEADS - REPLY TO ART STEPHENS

Chris Lewis clewis at dancemusic.net
Thu Jun 14 10:47:50 EDT 2007

Art -

I am running 3V CHI heads on my Clevor.  I have two friends that are running CHI 3V heads on there Clevelands.  We all are using the 3V.

One of the motors is a stock displacement motor using the 185cc 3V.  It probably making around low to mid 500HP.  Fits under the screen, barely.

The other Cleveland is a 393 stroker and it is using the 218cc 3V head.  It is probably make in the high 500HP range.  Using a Weiand Xcelerator it fits under the screen.  Uses very skinny air cleaner element and I believe the manifold was shaved down slightly.

My motor, 427 Clevor,218 3V heads dynoed at 713HP, no way it fits under the screen.

Chris Lewis