[DeTomaso] NPC: Brand new '57 Plymouth to be unearthed

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Jun 13 18:13:35 EDT 2007

They took the top off of the vault as a preliminary to its unveiling
tomorrow or the next day.  It looks as if the Plymouth is worth about as
much today as when it was buried.  Most of the afternoon was spent pumping
3 feet of toxic waste water out of the vault.  It looks as if the car has
been submerged any number of times and there is a large amount of rust on
the top of the plastic cover.  I guess this will also mean that the case of
Schlitz Beer in the trunk will be gone because they still used steel in beer
cans in  1957.

Tulsa's zoning and planning have always been second only to the Federal
Government.

Later,
jerry