[DeTomaso] Brake Hoses

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Wed Jun 13 12:22:38 EDT 2007

Several people run the Porterfield R4-S compound pad on their street cars
and have reported good results with reasonable rotor wear.
http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pads.html

I run the R4-S on my 300zx commuter / occasional track day car.  It is an
improvement over stock with respect to handling the heat.  It also performs
well in terms of stopping distance once the pads are warm, but is so-so when
they are cold.

On my Pantera, I run the Wilwood "B" compound which is for race apps.  Even
stone cold, it is very good, but it is noisy.