[DeTomaso] Mufflers

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:09:08 EDT 2007

On 6/13/07, PersoCaddy at aol.com <PersoCaddy at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi What is the feelings on new mufflers that can be wielded  onto existing
> systems. My Fantasy Racing "Vic Manwelli" cherry bombs are getting  on my
> nerves
> after 15 years. A dual outlet rectangular style can is what I am  looking
> for. Thanks Pat Orlando 1972 Yellow Pantera S/N  4011.

It's not for the faint of heart.  Size matters, and there are only a few
mufflers  out there close to the 10" mark.  Magnaflow makes one that is
quite loud.  I bought a couple of Magnaflow mufflers that are 14" long and a
little quieter, but I had to get a professional to install it, and he cussed
up a storm trying to get them to fit.  I used my original Big Bore muffler
system as the base.  It looks nice and sounds very tough.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47702694@N00/234188021/

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '71 Pantera #1382