[DeTomaso] Pantera: an endangered species

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Wed Jun 13 08:16:36 EDT 2007

You thought you knew it all about bank transfers, money laundering and forbidden trade of endangered species ? So read this ! Aren't bank employees smarter than Sherlock Holmes ? You bet they are !
Well, look what happened to me after buying my new toy VIN 3679 from Jamie Hopper in California and shipping in a shared container with Horizon Auto Services in Texas ( that I recommend for their seriousness ) fm SoCal to Antwerp Belgium.
What follows is my letter of apologies to Horizon:
Quote "
This little note to inform you that I have processed the payment for shipping and insurance of the car on May 16th, the same day I received the invoice.
Then the money was blocked by your bankers JPMorgan Chase, because they didn't know the reason of payment, and my bank replied, after asking me,  "shipping of a Pantera fm California to Antwerp".
Now your bank suspects that we have sent a shared container from SoCal to Antwerp, that contains a "live" Pantera, and they have blocked the payment again.
I must apologize, because I was lightyears away thinking they could have suspected such a thing...
So, I have instructed my bank to reply that it is a De Tomaso Pantera 1972, Italian vehicle with Ford engine, made by a factory that has now disappeared, and that Pantera in the name of the model.
I am sorry for the delay and the misunderstanding.
The car must have landed in Antwerp now, I will give her some fresh meat and water when she comes out of the container that she shared for four weeks with a Cobra and a Mustang AHAHAHAHAHA
Unquote
Patrick