[DeTomaso] Recaro "Style" seats, is there room for them?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Jun 13 02:34:36 EDT 2007

I need to do something about the seats in my car.

I was looking at special order seats in white leather from the
manufacturer DeTomaso used for the Guara seats, but when I had a chat
with one upholstery guy in the Swedish club, he recommended looking at
some used Recaro seats instead and have them recovered to match the rest
of the interior.

Has anyone looked at the Recaro Style seats?

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=65&L=2

I have found a pair at very reasonable cost, but they are quite far from
me, so I hesitate to drive over just to check if they will fit.

The seats have all kind of adjustments and are also ventilated.

I have a late model Pantera, with the parking brake lever on the driver
side, which makes it easier to fit slightly wider seats on the passenger
side. The engine hump is still a problem.

Otherwise, this appears to be similar to what DeTomaso used, and they
look good IMHO:

http://www.bf-torino.de/BF-Sitze/MONZA/monza.html

I might get them in cloth and have them recovered in white leather. The
total would be similar for this and the used Recaro seats.

I'd chose the Monza seats if was just for the looks, but ergonomics and
comfort is probably better in the Recaros.

Cheers,
Thomas