[DeTomaso] steering racks are avaiable again.

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Tue Jun 12 08:24:06 EDT 2007

Mike,

The late cars also used a Cam Gears rack but they had nylon inner tie
rod seats. I think they were made to be unadjustable for wear because
the adjusting collar was locked with a pin instead of the usual
retaining crimp. The pins had to be drilled out which is not usual
assembly for anything that is intended to be rebuildable. I didn't like
the one in my '87 and installed a new early rack. I had to shorten the
tie rods, however.

Fred T.