[DeTomaso] Armando Oil Pan Group Buy - Your oil pan has been ordered

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 18:47:48 EDT 2007

Stephen,

  I haven't installed mine yet, but here are a few notes I posted when I originally organized this group buy:

  *** TESTIMONY FROM SATISFIED CUSTOMERS ***

  "I replaced my factory GR3 large baffled pan with an Armando pan, and the build quality and design is just so much better on the Armando pan."
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079540.html

  *** NOTES ***

  Why you should install a baffled 10-quart oil pan
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079473.html
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079474.html

  "And the Armando pan gets two flaming thumbs up from me!  Great pan that fits, at a good price.  Official pan of Team Pantera Racing!"
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079439.html

  "I wish this could have been two months ago,I just bought one of Armando's Pan. I must say, he does nice work, and really helped me out in a BIG way."
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079466.html

  "You'll only need gaskets and the front & rear pan seals (that are usually part of a 'pan set'."
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079480.html

  "No pan can be dropped from a Pantera unless the car is a post-'80 machine or has been modified with a removeable rear crossmember & e-brake bracket."
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079481.html

  "you may need to slightly trim the bolt-on internal baffle to clear the oil pickup tube."
  http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2006-December/079477.html

SEL <edlebby at yahoo.com> wrote:
          has anyone installed their Armando pan yet? - if yes, any interest in giving the rest of us a step by step? - things to anticipate, mods, special tools, etc. - thanks! stephen